We want healthy hair no matter what our beauty goals are. We never want to try anything to such an extent that it gets in the way of our hair health. That's why we are always on the lookout for the best natural hair colour. In today's society, people colour their hair for a variety of reasons. Although the main reason might be to cover the greys, this isn't the only one.
A natural hair dye should contain ingredients that are not potentially damaging to your hair. It is essential to choose a damage-free hair colour that does not contain harmful chemicals like hydrogen peroxide (bleach), ammonia, PPD, etc., as they have the tendency to cause hair breakage and severely affect its texture, making it dry, rough, and dull.
How do chemicals damage hair?
- Ammonia, it dries out the natural oil in hair strands, causing them to become dry and prone to breakage. Ammonia opens up the top layer of hair and allows colour pigments and bleach to penetrate. Natural hair colours do not penetrate the hair strands, but only coat them from the outside.
- Hydrogen Peroxide, after getting inside the hair, hydrogen peroxide (bleach), used in chemical hair dyes, strips away the original colour of the hair (melanin), leaving it completely colourless. If this is repeated repeatedly, it eventually shuts down the production of melanin, turning hair permanently white. It then reacts chemically with PPD to fill in the new colours.
- PPD works in combination with hydrogen peroxide to create new colouring effects, but it can trigger potentially fatal allergies and irritate sensitive skin.
Why should you choose a Damage-Free hair colour?
- Organically natural hair colour does not cause chemical side effects since it contains no synthetic chemicals. Its essential hair care herbs nourish hair from the inside out and keep hair lustrous, healthy, and strong.
- Your top priority should also be organically natural hair colour because of its stunning colouration that comes with its inherent impermanence. Usually organically natural hair colours have a semi-permanent colouring effect that lasts four to six weeks, so you get a chance to experiment with colours every alternate month. Using organically natural hair colour creates sombre, natural hues that are just as stunning as any chemical colour.
- The hair colour also promotes hair growth while contributing to its health. Besides providing one benefit, its naturally available ingredients also offer a host of other side benefits, including conditioning, hydrating, and nourishing the scalp and hair for their future health maintenance.
- The fact that many of us have already damaged our hair through heat treatments and chemical treatments like smoothening, rebonding, curling, or prior hair colouring is another reason to stop using them. A damage-free hair colour becomes increasingly important because it is true that the more chemicals we use on our hair, the faster it will age. Hair colours that use a combination of natural dyeing herbs will not just colour your hair red, but give you a variety of natural hair colours.
Which is the best Damage- Free hair colour?
The Damage-Free Gel Hair Colour from Indus Valley comes in 6 different shades and is rated among the best natural hair colours available today by users. As a damage-free hair colour, it helps strengthen and lustrous hair, while protecting the hair and scalp against pollution, dirt, and UV rays.
It contains 8 organic herb extracts, including henna, amla, aloe vera, jojoba, orange, sunflower, wheatgerm, and basil, which make hair stronger, healthier, and better nourished.
The takeaways from this discussion
- It would be better if you experimented with an organically natural, chemical free hair color rather than using hair colours that are chemically based, especially if you are just starting out with hair colouring.
- Always perform a patch test 48 hours before colouring your hair to determine whether you are sensitive to pollen or vegetables.
Do you still have questions about this subject? Please feel free to consult with our beauty and health specialists, as they can help you with problems with your hair and scalp.
Keep being naturally attractive until then!