Is Demi Permanent hair color better than permanent hair color
Want to color your hair but terrified of permanent hair damage? Do you have a sensitive scalp? Are you afraid of any allergic reactions? These are always our main concerns when we think of coloring our hair. A chemical-free hair color comes as an easy solution to all such concerns. To opt for the best organic hair color as a chemical-free option is thus a must if you are facing such issues.
Any reliable demi-permanent hair color could eliminate your visits to the hair salon as well, empowering you to color your hair right at home itself.What is a demi-permanent hair color?
A demi-permanent hair color accumulates the color pigments onto the outermost layer of the hair cuticle without penetrating it. This concludes that the demi-permanent color can darken your hair color, but its no-ammonia formula makes it unable to lighten the hair. Also, you can easily apply a permanent formulation over a demi-permanent color. You can also apply any color over the demi-permanent application.
The gel based ammonia-free formulations that are prevalent in the market today are mostly demi-permanent hair colors. Containing largely natural and organic ingredients, they impart a completely damage-free coloration that lasts for around 4 to 6 weeks on hair. They also come packed with hair treatment herbs handpicked by dedicated farmers, grounded into microfine powders.Advantages of demi-permanent over permanent hair color
Permanent hair dyes remove the natural color and/or add a new color to the hair strands. The artificial or manufactured hair dyes are man-made dyes and can generally be divided into two categories—demi-permanent and permanent. The demi-permanent and permanent hair dyes can thus be compared with each other on the basis of their formulation, functioning and effects on hair and scalp:
- The demi-permanent dyes are chemical-free hair colours and are sometimes up to 90% natural, while the permanent hair dyes are essentially chemical based hair dyes.
- The demi-permanent dyes only penetrate the outermost layer of the hair, cuticle, and are easily removed within 10-12 weeks, while the permanent dyes reach deeper into the central layer of the hair (cortex) and sometimes even the medulla, innermost layer of the hair shaft, and are thus resistant to shampooing.
- Permanent dyes cause chemical changes in the natural melanin of the hair, which can extremely damage the hair, but a chemical-free hair color causes no or minimum damage to the hair strands. It is an excellent option for you if you have textured hair as it won't alter or damage your already treated hair.
- The natural hair dye can be very helpful to you if you are trying out for a change the very first time in your life and are confused about which color would suit you the best. A demi-permanent hair color would easily wash away within a few weeks’ time.
- A chemical-free hair color does not have any adverse effects on the hair follicles or the scalp. Being ammonia-free they do not penetrate through the hair cuticles, i.e. the outermost layer of hair, into the middle layer, i.e. the cortex, unlike the permanent hair dyes.
A demi-permanent hair color is a superior hair coloring solution since it causes minimum hair damage. Everyone can now dream of changing the way they look as many times as they want by just changing the color of their hair with a chemical-free hair color. You can go from subtle change to ultra-dramatic change as multiple shade options are also available. The best organic hair dye would also treat your hair with nourishment and health.