No matter what our beauty goals are, healthy hair is always a priority. We don’t want to experiment to such an extent that it gets in the way of our hair health. That’s why most of us are always on the lookout for the best natural hair colour. There are so many reasons why people today colour their hair. Even though the primary reason might be to cover the greys but this is not the only reason.
The best way to find a natural hair dye is to look out for ingredients which are not potentially hair damaging. A damage-free hair colour will not have harmful chemicals such as hydrogen peroxide (bleach), ammonia, PPD and other heavy metals, as they carry the tendency to cause hair breakage and severely affecting their texture, turning them dry, rough and dull.
How do chemicals damage hair?
- Ammonia opens up the upper most layer of hair and allows the colour pigments and bleach to penetrate inside. This dries out the natural oil present inside hair strands turning hair dry and prone to breakage. Organically natural hair colours never penetrate the hair strands. They only colour hair by coating them from the outside.
- Hydrogen Peroxide (bleach), in chemical hair colours, once it gets inside the hair strands, starts with swiping away the original colour of hair (melanin) turning hair completely colourless. Then, it chemically reacts with PPD to fill in the new colours. Done repeatedly, this ultimately shuts down the production of melanin altogether, turning hair permanently white.
- PPD, in chemical hair colours, is the primary agent that brings about the new colouring effects. It works in combination with hydrogen peroxide. On sensitive skin, it triggers potentially deadly allergies and many skin irritations.
Why should you choose an organically natural hair colour?
- An organically natural hair colour doesn’t come with chemical side effects as it doesn’t come loaded with artificial chemicals. Its essential hair care herbs nourish hair and scalp inside out keeping hair lustrous, healthy and strong.
- Another reason why an organically natural hair colour should be on your top priority list is its stunning colouration that comes with its inherent impermanence. An organically natural hair colour offers semi-permanent colouring effects which may last from 4 to 6 weeks. So, you get more chances to play with colours and hair styling effects every alternate month. Organically natural hair colours leave sombre, natural hues that can be as stunning as that of any chemical hair colour.
- It also helps in enhancing hair growth while contributing towards the hair health. Its naturally available ingredients don’t just bestow one benefit, but a host of other side benefits too like conditioning, hydrating and nutritioning scalp and hair for their future health maintenance.
- Further, a lot of us might have already damaged our hair with regular heat treatments and chemical uses like smoothening, re-bonding, curling, or prior hair colouring. It is true that the more chemicals we use on hair, faster it will age. Therefore, the need to use a damage-free hair colour becomes all the more necessary. An organically natural hair colour that works with a combination of hair colouring herbs will colour your hair not just red, but give you a range of natural hair colours to choose from.
Which organically natural hair colour is best available in the market?
Indus Valley Damage-Free Gel Hair Colours come in 6 different shades with user reviews indicating it to be one of the best natural hair colours currently available out there. Being a damage-free hair colour, it helps make hair lustrous and strong. It also helps protect hair and scalp from dirt, pollution and the harmful UV rays of the sun.
Loaded with the goodness of 8 organic herb extracts, namely—henna, amla, aloe vera, jojoba, orange, sunflower, wheatgerm and basil, it powerfully helps in making hair stronger, healthier and well nourished.The takeaways from this discussion
- Particularly if you are starting up with hair colouring for the first time in your life, it would be best if you avoided the chemical based hair colours and experimented with an organically natural damage-free hair colour.
- Always do a patch test 48 hours before applying the hair colours to check if you are allergic to vegetables or pollen.
Do you have more queries on the topic? Feel free to speak with our beauty and health experts as they can guide you in solving your hair and scalp related issues.
Till then, stay beautiful, naturally!