We all know that our body is made up of 50-70% water. And that we must drink enough water every day to keep our bodies fighting fit. But exactly how much water is enough water? We will discuss this at length in this article.
Health Experts Around the World Today Have Gone Eloquent on Why we Must Drink Enough Water. They Tell Us That it Helps Us In :
- Keeping our internal organs functioning well.
- Regulating our body temperature.
- Carrying oxygen and nutrients to the cells.
- Flushing out toxins from the body as excretion.
- Preventing constipation.
- Normalizing blood pressure.
- Stabilizing heartbeat.
- Cushioning the joints and hydrating the ligaments.
- Maintaining electrolyte (sodium) balance in the body.
- Sleeping better.
- Maintaining skin and hair health.
But, did you know that every time you drink water, you also mobilize your kidneys to process it for cleansing and detoxification purposes? And this puts extra load on our kidneys.
Look at it this way - suppose there is a drainage conduit just outside your house. And you must water it every day to keep it unclogged. Only, you start pouring more water into it than required. Won’t you overload the drain filling it up with too much water? This is exactly how our body works too.
The U.S. National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine has stipulated that 3.7 litres of fluids are a must for adult males every day, while 2.7 is for ladies. In fact, different authorities around the world have stated their own measurements, each differing from the other. So, which one should we opt for?
After Going Through Extensive Texts on the Topic, Here is a Compilation That Will Throw a Bit More Light on This Subject, Making it Easier For You to Come to a Decision:
- Drink 2 glasses of slightly warm water every morning before rinsing your mouth. This will help you with easier defecation in the mornings.
- Thereafter, just drink enough water every time you feel thirsty. The human body, in fact the body of every living organism, has been highly perfected by nature. It keeps showing timely indications to help us notice as and when it needs food or water. Just keep listening to your body and keep satisfying its needs and you will be well on your way.
- Sometimes, when you sweat more due to physical exercises or if you are going through pregnancy or lactation, more water will be required by your body and it will ask for more. Just drink as much as required throughout the day.
- Now our body does not distinguish between fluids to quench its thirst. You can either go for that cola or freshly squeezed juice or plain simple water. Only, make sure that no matter what you drink, it must not have extra sugar or calories added to it. Freshly squeezed juice, however, is always a good thing to have.
- Remember, tea or coffee also quenches thirst, but they do not supplement plain water like they should. So, if you are thirsty, and you have that simmering cup offered to you, go for the good old glass of plain water first, and only then go sipping on your tea or coffee.
- Fresh fruits also have their own water content. So, if you are not too thirsty, but you feel like grabbing that fresh fruit first, you can skip water and enjoy nature’s goodness instead.
- Drink water at least half an hour before a full meal and at least an hour after one, for better digestion.
- Avoid very cold or very hot water. Try drinking lukewarm to slightly warm water throughout the day.
That’s about all we could think up for the time being, but the list is expansive. To which you can also add by connecting with our beauty and health experts through your comments below. Please also feel free to ask them any related queries.
Till then, stay hydrated, stay beautiful !